This knowledge building webinar will provide a detailed introduction to the fire safety legislative framework and sector specific guidance, including relating specifically to the requirements for fire risk assessment.
In this interactive webinar, delegates have the opportunity to ask questions and get involved in discussion around the legislative requirements and the recent changes as well as any upcoming new requirements.
To round off the session, the webinar goes back to fire safety basics and provides a reminder of the causes of fire and some of the common causes within the workplace.
This knowledge building webinar has been designed to provide a basic, yet clearer understanding of the legal requirements as well as setting out come key considerations when looking at fire risk assessment; suitable for all levels of delegate, this session does provide a great overview. The webinar includes:
Legislation & guidance overview
- Fire Safety Order 2005
- Fire Safety Act 2021
- Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022
- Housing Act (HHSRS) 2004
- The Building Safety Act 2022
- Guidance, including British Standards and NFCC Guides
Fire risk assessment in social housing – what you need to know
- The different ‘types’ of assessment seen within the sector
- What elements should be included in an FRA?
- Tick box style assessment reports (PAS79 based) and their adequacy
- Statement of fact or actual assessment?
- Competence requirements of assessors – what to look for
General fire safety awareness
- The causes of fire, preventing fires from starting (mitigating potential ignition)
- How fire can spread
- Identification of common workplace hazards associated with fires.
Our virtual training session is delivered ‘live’ by our knowledgeable and professional trainer with ample time for delegates to ask questions throughout the session.
The session will include several short breaks to allow delegates to maintain their comfort.
An e-certificate of attendance and emailed copy of the slide presentation in a handy note format will be provided for all delegates who attended the session.