P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings (including Asbestos Removal) is the industry-standard qualification for those whose work involves asbestos management, such as duty holders, building managers, responsible persons, and those who look after asbestos management data. It provides the background knowledge required to manage identified asbestos in buildings and ensures that appropriate management processes are followed and documented properly. It also gives you the knowledge to make better procurement decisions, and to monitor the quality of the services provided by other asbestos professionals through understanding the standards and procedures that you should be following.
Before taking the qualification, candidates should have an awareness of the contents of The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (in particular Regulation 4) and the supporting L143 Managing and working with asbestos Approved Code of Practice and guidance. They should also be familiar with the contents of HSG248 and HSG264.
Candidates are required to pass a written theory examination and written practical examination (which take place immediately after the course) to be awarded the qualification.
Delegates MUST attend all five days:
- Day one: Wednesday 7th February 2024 (Virtual)
- Day two: Wednesday 14th February 2024 (Virtual)
- Day three: Wednesday 21st February 2024 (Virtual)
- Day four: Monday 26th February 2024 (Face-to-face in Glasgow)
- Day five: Tuesday 27th February 2024 (Face-to-face in Glasgow)
The course will provide candidates with
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of asbestos management in buildings
- A good understanding of asbestos surveying, removal, assessment and analytical services and provide the necessary background knowledge to procure, monitor and audit the quality of these services.
In order to book a place on this course, please fill in the below form. We will be in touch within three working days to request further information and confirm your booking.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com