The root cause of damp or mould in properties can vary and this course explores the main causes of damp and mould, how it can occur, how to recognise and identify damp and mould and the health effects that it can bring.
Social housing providers are in the spotlight following the recent tragic death of a little boy in Rochdale from the effects of damp and mould in the home where he lived.
The course will provide general awareness and a basic overview of damp and mould and help learners to understand the key issues and support them to recognise when action should be taken.
The main topics covered in this course are:
- What is damp? The 4 main types
- Are there health risks from damp and mould?
- What is condensation, why does it form and what can be done to limit it?
- Managing condensation in the home
- Preventing condensation with ventilation
- Preventing mould from forming
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the four different types of dampness
- Explain how condensation and dampness can affect health
- Identify the causes of dampness and condensation
- Explain remedial action and effective measures of tackling dampness and condensation
- Understand why its important to work alongside colleagues to raise awareness and report any concerns from residents.
How to Enrol
If you are interested in purchasing this, or any of our e-Learning courses, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Once enrolment is complete, each delegate will receive a link which allows them to log onto the system and complete the course as and when required.
Please note, when it comes to purchasing our e-Learning courses, you are not required to buy a minimum number of courses or enrol a minimum number of delegates. Whether you need one course for one member of staff, or the full course package for the whole team, we’d love to hear from you.