As one of nature’s most devastating elements, fire can consume indiscriminately, with enough ferocity to destroy property and take lives.
The best defence against such a force is to prevent fires from starting in the first place. This is only possible if we can understand the hazards and circumstances that lead to fire, and manage them appropriately.
But what if the worst does happen? Knowing how to respond in the event of a fire is vital in safeguarding your own safety, as well as your colleagues. Would you know what to do if the fire alarm sounded in your workplace right now?
This course addresses the importance of fire safety and will help you recognise and reduce workplace fire hazards.
We’ll explore the steps to follow if a fire breaks out, and look at some of the equipment required under fire regulations.
The main topics covered in this course are:
- Key fire stats for England, Wales and Scotland
- The human factor
- Fire legislation
- Hazards and risks
- Fire theory
- Fire risk assessment
- Office hazards
- Working from home
- Procedures, equipment and signs
- Fire extinguishers
- End of session quiz
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand employers’ responsibilities under fire safety law
- Prevent fires by using the fire triangle theory
- Identify fire safety signs and appreciate the importance of knowing where they are in your workplace
- Identify fire safety equipment and understand how it should be used
- Recognise the need to periodically check fire safety procedures
- Carry out the fire safety procedures in place in your organisation
How to Enrol
If you are interested in purchasing this, or any of our e-Learning courses, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Once enrolment is complete, each delegate will receive a link which allows them to log onto the system and complete the course as and when required.
Please note, when it comes to purchasing our e-Learning courses, you are not required to buy a minimum number of courses or enrol a minimum number of delegates. Whether you need one course for one member of staff, or the full course package for the whole team, we’d love to hear from you.