Have you ever done something wrong and instantly felt your stomach drop to your boots? Perhaps you sent a sensitive email to the wrong person, or got injured using a piece of equipment? None of us are immune to making mistakes… after all, we’re only human!
Human error can occur for a number of reasons:
- The way our brain processes information
- Our training – or lack of it
- The design of our equipment and procedures; the culture of the organisation we work for.
Understanding how and why we get things wrong is an important factor in preventing and mitigating potentially serious incidents in the workplace and beyond.
During this course we’ll highlight the type of human errors that can occur, explore the traps that most of us fall into, and look at how we can manage situations to reduce error in the future.
The main topics covered in this course are:
- Types of human error
- Slip, lapse, or error?
- Managing error
- Mitigating mistakes
- Error traps
- Human performance tools
- Communication traps
- End of session quiz
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the main types of errors that humans make
- Identify key workplace error traps in order to remove or manage them
- Recognise which Human Performance (HuP) tools can be used to mitigate error traps that can’t be removed
How to Enrol
If you are interested in purchasing this, or any of our e-Learning courses, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Once enrolment is complete, each delegate will receive a link which allows them to log onto the system and complete the course as and when required.
Please note, when it comes to purchasing our e-Learning courses, you are not required to buy a minimum number of courses or enrol a minimum number of delegates. Whether you need one course for one member of staff, or the full course package for the whole team, we’d love to hear from you.