Many of us move and lift loads in our daily work, often without giving much thought to the potential consequences. Yet, workplace injuries to the back, shoulders and neck are common with millions of working days lost to musculoskeletal disorders every year.
The impact of these injuries can be considerable for employers, but particularly for the individuals involved. While acute injuries may heal quickly, longer-term chronic problems can significantly affect a sufferer’s health, wellbeing and quality of life.
When we lift and move loads during our daily working life, it’s vital that we know how to prevent injury – by actively reducing risks, a better awareness of posture, and using effective manual handling technique.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Know which key pieces of health and safety legislation apply to Manual Handling in the UK
- Recognise the potential risks of injury from manual handling tasks
- Appreciate the importance of keeping yourself and colleagues safe from risk
- Assess a range of manual handling factors and take steps to reduce risks
- Plan moving and lifting tasks more effectively
- Use safer technique when handling loads – individually, as a team, and with common workplace aids
The main topics covered in this course are:
- Key legislation
- Understanding how your spine works
- Injuries associated with manual handling
- How the law protects you
- Your manual handling responsibilities
- Assessing and reducing risks
- Safe manual handling technique
- End of session quiz
How to Enrol
If you are interested in purchasing this, or any of our e-Learning courses, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Once enrolment is complete, each delegate will receive a link which allows them to log onto the system and complete the course as and when required.
Please note, when it comes to purchasing our e-Learning courses, you are not required to buy a minimum number of courses or enrol a minimum number of delegates. Whether you need one course for one member of staff, or the full course package for the whole team, we’d love to hear from you.